We all know that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 stores a flash counter that keeps track of how many times you have flashed custom firmware to the device. There is great tool from elite developer Chainfire known as Triangle Away, which was built to disable the triangle (if a visual warning is present) and reset the custom ROM flash counter to 0. In order to use this app on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2, your device requires root access first!
The Triangle Away works for:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100/T **
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7102 **
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105/T LTE **
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900 Sprint **
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889 T-Mobile **
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T889V Canada **
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-R950 US Cellular **
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T/Canada SGH-I317/M **
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 Verizon ** UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Korea SHV-E250K/L/S **
Steps to reset counter on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
- Download Triangle away and install
- Open Triangle away from appl drawer, grant SU permission
- Depends on your recovery/kernel, it may ask to download add on about 7.4MB file, download it.
- After downloading select reset counter from application menu
- This will reboot device in special recovery, and you will see some colored text menu with big yellow, with round circle exclamation mark.
- Read available option, confirm your flash counter showing on this page and select appropriate menu(volume up) to reset counter.
- Your device will reboot and you will have counter ‘0’
In case if you are using CWM it may raise again on reboot, read below.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 having new bootloader with auto checksum of recovery, so If you are using custom recovery flash counter may raise again on rebooting to recovery.
So if you are using stock recovery, resetting count to ‘0’ with triangle away is enough. In case you are using custom recovery, even after resetting counter again it will raise to 1 if you reboot device to recovery. For this you have to use option ‘Reset at every boot’ in triangle away. This option is available on Play version, and only you can see if you have custom recovery and your kernel support it.
Triangle Away V2.6 Download:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
Samsung Cell Phone Recent Posts